Monday, September 19, 2011

Not Sure.....

My 5 mile relay leg was yesterday, and I'm not sure what to think.  We got there early because I wanted to see the half-marathoners take off.  It was pretty cool!!  Then I had an hour to wait until we started.  It was a beautiful morning - probably about 60 degrees, sunny, wind from the southeast.  About 7:55, I headed out to the start.  I went towards the back, since I knew I would be going slow.  Little did I know how slow I would be.....  Probably within the first mile and a half, I got to be the VERY LAST PERSON.  I was embarrassed when the people were still clapping for me.  I didn't run as much as I wanted to.  I was hoping to run at least half, which I know I didn't do.

I did make it to the 5 mile mark, where I found out I finished in about one hour nine minutes.  I wanted to finish in less than one hour 15 minutes, so I met that goal.  So, I would have felt much better about it if I had been a different leg of the relay.  Because any other leg, I wouldn't have been last.

So, while I was out there, I wasn't sure why I wanted to do this, I wasn't sure if I wanted to ever do another race, I wasn't sure I even wanted to finish the 5 miles I was doing.  I was thinking that I wished I had my phone, I would have called Gary to come get me.  I really don't think that I would've done that, but I kind of wanted to.

My next goal is to join Fleet Feet's 5K training program to run a 5K at the beginning of December.

I figure I can only improve from here, right??

No comments:

Post a Comment