Monday, August 29, 2011

BAD Knee

Ugh - I was out of town last week for work, in Buffalo, NY. Very exciting..... Anyway, I ran on the treadmill because the area around the hotel didn't look the greatest. Afterwards, my knee started hurting. Not sure if it's because of the treadmill, or just coincidence that the cortisone shot started wearing off. I didn't think too much of it. I ran again on Saturday morning in Winona, MN - wasn't that great of a run, but also not the worst. Then yesterday at home, I was all set for 5 miles of run/walking. Made it about 1-1/4 miles and my knee was killing me. I starting walking home. I got as far as my parents' house and had them give me a ride home!! Today I called my doc and they said that they would only give cortisone shots every 3 months. It hasnt' even been 2 months. So, I made appts at 2 other places.....I feel like a druggie, trying to get my "fix"! The second place I made an appt, they figured out that I had seen someone about this, so I had to tell them I was changing doctors. Then I decided to see a chiropractor, because it seemed like my whole right side was screwed up. Ugh - I'm a mess.

So, went to the chiropractor - never been to one before. He determined that my right leg was longer than the left, due to my hip bone being tilted forward. he "adjusted" that. He also adjusted my neck. I'm going back on Wednesday. Not sure what to do about my knee. I have less than 3 weeks before the marathon relay. I suppose I can walk all of it.... but I really don't want to do that. Sucks getting old !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment